• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Another No start-Searched-Melt down?

digitalt

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 96 Grand Cherokee 4.0 that had been having misfire problems. Replaced virtually all the sensors and PCM. Found bad O-rings at the injectors and replaced them. It helped but did not solve the problem completely.

I started tracing the grounds, because from reading the forums, that sounded like a likely problem. I added some extra grounds from the commons to the firewall. No luck, but still ran. The last last ground I added was to the coil/injectors. After that it wouldn't start. Cranks, but won't start. Replaced another CPS and still won't start. When I hook up the scanner I get Link Error trying to check the IM codes. Also have no response from the gauges when the key is turned to on. They should at least jump a bit, but nothing.

I have checked the fuses and relays and they all checkout good. Any suggestions where to check next? I really like this Jeep but it's getting to be a real pain.

did you take the ground back off the injectors? The ECu controls the injectors by pulsing the ground to them I believe, you might be interfereing with that.
I may also suggest this site as more helpful
http://nagca.com/home.php

Yes. That's the first thing I did. Something I forgot to mention before is now when the key is turned to the ON position, it sounds like the fuel pump is constantly running instead of shutting down when it get's to pressue. Had that before when this first started and it was the CPS, but the CPS is new.

I read on the forums about a fuse to the PCM but can't seem to locate it. I am looking for that now.

Back