• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Skid Plate Questions

Kevin

NAXJA Forum User
I'm having some problems posting on the main modifications board, so I thought I would try here.

Who else makes fuel tank skid plates? I have seen TOMKEN's and also heard about the hard to come by factory skids. Anyone else make them? and has anyone installed these skids?

TOMKEN has transmission and transfer case skids for the command trac that are either the 10" specification or the 14" specification. How do I determine what specification I need? Also, has anyone installed these skids?

The only manufacturers I've seen making transmission skids are TOMKEN and Rusty's. Does anyone else make them?

Thanks

Rubicon Express sells the Tomken skids.On the TC skid they need to know which TC 231 or 242 and distance from rear of lower arm mount to cross member (10 or14)".It is only made of 1/8" steel.
I have Rustys TC skid it,s made of 3/16" steel and is strong enough to jack the jeep up on. :lol:
Using the factory skid on the gas tank. And don,t have any real need around here for a tranny skid so I can,t recomend anything.
Wayne

Kevein this is daivd from that GWNF, i don't know if you looked under tim and i's jeep but we both have Rusty's T-Case Skid it's bomb proof, mounts to the cross member and frame rail.

Its really strong and worth the money

I have SkidRow skid plates.They are bulletproof.They are from Pa. so shipping would be good also.

Magoo - do you have any contact info on the SkidRow skid plates. A quick search on the net only listed Skid Row, the late 80's metal band. I guess I could slap a couple of those guys under the rig.....

Skid Row Automotive 1-800-786-9249 or www.SkidPlates.com I used to party with that 80's band,that was truely an experience everyone should try!!!The whole band and roadies are from my area.

Back