• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

8.25 u-bolt yoke?

bigblackjeep95

NAXJA Forum User
Ok i read the posts on this already and seen that someone replied that SPICER makes a u-bolt style yoke for a Chry. 8.25 rear. Does anyone have the part # or can you point me as to where I can order this sucker from.

I am soo freakin tired of these crappy bolts breaking off in the yoke with the straps. Can someone please recommend what they have done? I don't want to drill the stocker out b/c that just makes the yoke thinner and really don't solve anything if you ask me.

Thanks all!!!

PS and whats the torque specs on that yoke nut? its from a 95

Last edited:
i would like to know too.

never heard....

When I had my 8.25, I stopped by a few reputable driveline shops who all laughed at me.

The guy who does my gears says you can get old dodge truck 8.25 yokes for u-bolts and run them, but i have not seen one that has not used straps yet.

There is a 1330 yoke with U bolts for the 8.25. 'Subject to availability' according to Tom Woods.

Call randy's ring and pinion. If anyone's got one, they would.

If you are breaking the yoke bolts on a strapped yoke, you have other issues going on than just broken bolts.

The torque spec on a yoke is upwards of 150 lbs and since the 8,25 has a crush sleive to set the pinion bearing preload, you probably should stay away from that figure. When you are done installing your new yoke, check the preload. IIRC, it should take no more than 30 in/lbs to move the yoke with new bearings. Since you likely have the gears installed, it will be tough to guage that.

Ron

Back