• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

New Cooper STT tires?

ZachMan

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Memorial Lifetime Member
Anyone see nthese in action? I saw them in my Feb. issues of Fourwheeler and they look like a good choice for my next tires.

http://www.coopertires.com.au/tyres/stt_new.htm

DiscoSTTNew.gif

I saw the article too and I am definitely going to consider these tires. I have had really good luck with Cooper Discover tires in the past. I ran a set of 33X12.50R15's on a 1982 Toyota 4X4, and got almost 45,000 miles out of them. They did really well in the sand, the mud, and the rocks.

Are those things finally coming out in all sizes?

That picture was leaked WAYYY before the company was ready for it, nearly a year ago. Most of the 4x4 boards have threads about 'em dating way back to then, but no one's been able to find a definite answer to when they're actually being released in the full range of sizes.

That web site is also the Australian division which has a slightly different product line...but I just checked the US site and it's been updated since I last looked at it. I wanted them 8 months ago but due to lack of availability I went with the Trxus MTs.

vetteboy said:
Are those things finally coming out in all sizes?

That picture was leaked WAYYY before the company was ready for it, nearly a year ago. Most of the 4x4 boards have threads about 'em dating way back to then, but no one's been able to find a definite answer to when they're actually being released in the full range of sizes.

That web site is also the Australian division which has a slightly different product line...but I just checked the US site and it's been updated since I last looked at it. I wanted them 8 months ago but due to lack of availability I went with the Trxus MTs.

Not sure on the sizes, but stores can order them. The Australian site shows all kinds of sizes, but I another that liseted 33s/35s in 16/18 rim sizes :wierd: I will go TRXus MTs also if these arn't out, but they look and sound like a good choice.

i know you can get them in 33x12.5x15 for a fact because i almost bought them. farm and fleet had them for sale here but didn't have the 33's in stock. they said it would take 2 weeks to get them in and i didn't wanna wait that long. that was a little over a month ago. maybe they have them in stock now. not sure though.

What's the pricing (roughly) for a pair of 35x12.50 15's?

Any links to place selling them?I haven't had any luck searching.

Chris

i just called my local farm and fleet. they don't have them in stock but can order them for $236.99 each.

if you call some local tire places near you, they should be able to order you a set.

local place quoted me 1028 for 5, i believe that was mounted and balanced too. this was for 35s

these tire are good lots of traction in mud and sow not the greatist on ice i had them on my 04 ford stupidduty work truck

but for my money i'm going with toyo open country m/t

scorpio_vette said:
i just called my local farm and fleet. they don't have them in stock but can order them for $236.99 each.

if you call some local tire places near you, they should be able to order you a set.

Damn, that sounds expensive. I paid a little less than $130 each for my Trxus MTs, but 33x12.5R15. I figured they would have been a little more competitively priced.

Damn, that sounds expensive

now that you mentioned that, i forgot to ask if that was just the rubber or installed.
so i called back and the guy said it would be $209.99 just for the tires or $236.99 installed.

still not much cheaper unless you can mount them yourself or have a friend do it for beer.

That sounds a little more reasonable. That $130 I mentioned was just out-the-door, I did all the mounting and balancing myself.

35x12.5R15 TrxusMT's I could have gotten for around $175 or so...the place I got them from isn't a Cooper retailer though. Given my experience with the Trxus I have now, I'd probably go with them again...they've been nothing but excellent to me. I thought the Coopers were gonna be around the same price if not a little cheaper (they're usually a more 'bargain' tire than BFG/Michelin etc)...maybe since there was so much pre-release hype about them, they're charging a little more because they can.

33x12.50 are $180

Back