• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

88 XJ water pump bolt sizes

wilcharl

NAXJA Forum User
Guys:

ANyone know the size bolts that hold a water pump to an 88 4.0 there are 2 differnt bolt lengths. The problem I have is i bought a new airtex pump (i love their pumps) but one of the bolts is just barely rubbing the pully. I want to replace that bolt and prob the others with cap bolts, the smaller head will clear.

THe problem is i have to take the pulley off to get to that bolt and i need to have my xj to drive to buy the bolts...

any help would be most welcome

wilcharl said:
Guys:

ANyone know the size bolts that hold a water pump to an 88 4.0 there are 2 differnt bolt lengths. The problem I have is i bought a new airtex pump (i love their pumps) but one of the bolts is just barely rubbing the pully. I want to replace that bolt and prob the others with cap bolts, the smaller head will clear.

THe problem is i have to take the pulley off to get to that bolt and i need to have my xj to drive to buy the bolts...

any help would be most welcome

Sounds like there is some other problem if the stock bolts are hitting the pulley.

Mike R

I think the Airtex casting is slightly thicker then the OEM pump it is already a tight clearance and the slightly thicker casting is putting it over the edge

Back