• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

6.5" rear lift-but does this look like 8 or so?

RWKHausSupply

NAXJA Forum User
Well I did a TnT rear truss and thier ubolt eliminators, as well as thier shackles and a set of 4.5" lift springs.

Well after it was all in and with 400ish lbs in the back I tightened all the spring bolts and hanger bolts. Now looking at it it sure looks to be alot more then a 6.5" lift in the back.

Anyone have any pictures of a direct rear picture of thier rig with a true 6-6.5" lift and 35" tires? Or even a rear end up to fender heght or such type measurement.

What do you think?

33460016.JPG

33460017.JPG

33460015.JPG

I measured mine yesterday...True 6.25 inches. I only have 33" tires, but yours look an aweful lot taller. I would guess about 8-9 inches. Don't have any pics, but if nobody comes up with them, I will go take some tommorrow.

can you post a better pic of the shackles please?
looks like they are on backwards.

This was a pretty fresh 6" on 35"s with no extra weight.
The rear was 4.5" springs and 1.5" shackles.

is.php

is.php

Your's does look way tall.
BOR springs?
What shackles?

they look like TnT boomerangs

Hey if your on a 15" rim? Could you just take a top of rim to bottom crease in the fender (see pict) measurement? PLEASE....

I am at 26" even.....

JohnX said:
I measured mine yesterday...True 6.25 inches. I only have 33" tires, but yours look an aweful lot taller. I would guess about 8-9 inches. Don't have any pics, but if nobody comes up with them, I will go take some tommorrow.

334600161.JPG

mack said:
can you post a better pic of the shackles please?
looks like they are on backwards.

Correct, they currently are untill the springs allow me to flip them. They were not long enough fully arched and new. I am hoping that they settle some and allow me to flip them, if ever? I could not get enough distance to put the bolt in with them the correct way. The point type area of the L would hit. Is this normal? I was told that since the 4.5" springs "should be longer" then the stock ones that the boomer. style would allow them to fully flex. But since they seem to be same lenght as stock at Current ride hieght maybe I should/could go a standerd shackle?

PS.... This was done with..
4.5 rough country springs (thought was to remove the second down leaf and if needed replace with a stock to make it more flexable if needed)
1.5" TnT boom. shackle
.75" lift U-bolt elimin. kit.
So I guess I should be at 6.75 in the rear?

Last edited:
measure from the center of the hub, to the lower edge of the stock flare (as long as its undamaged) stock should be :
front 17"
rear 16.5"

figure the difference and that is your actual lift.

(the more i think about it i wonder if the stock specs are actually 16.5" front and 16" rear")

your new springs will definately sit higher than advertised for q while but in a week you will see quite a bit of settleing. looks sweet though!

sidriptide said:
measure from the center of the hub, to the lower edge of the stock flare (as long as its undamaged) stock should be :
front 17"
rear 16.5"

figure the difference and that is your actual lift.

(the more i think about it i wonder if the stock specs are actually 16.5" front and 16" rear")

your new springs will definately sit higher than advertised for q while but in a week you will see quite a bit of settleing. looks sweet though!

Well I am at 25.5 from stock flare lower edge to ecnter of axle end! daym... thats about 9" by your numbers? better settle about 3" lol

Stock is 17.5" front and 17" rear.

ROBERTK said:
PS.... This was done with..
4.5 rough country springs (thought was to remove the second down leaf and if needed replace with a stock to make it more flexable if needed)
1.5" TnT boom. shackle
.75" lift U-bolt elimin. kit.
So I guess I should be at 6.75 in the rear?

the shackle will only give you lift that is approx 1/2 it's length. so 6" even would be slightly more accurate

xjohnnyc said:
Stock is 17.5" front and 17" rear.

So I am at 8.5 then?
Well the stock shackle is like 2-3/4"ish and the TnT is 5-7/8"ish.

Give that the TnT is straight up in line with the frame bolt, that means that I am getting about .75" of lift from the shackle. Than makes me think then that the spring is yielding me about 1.5" more then advertised.

I heard most new leafs yield about 1" or more at first till settled? if thats true then I am good I guess till it settles.....

a new set of springs will lift about 1.5-3" over advertised, and eventually break in.....it will start to sag and sink you down to where its suposed to be or hair over

Back