• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

D300 flipped or 241OR Rubi t-case?

bigblackjeep95

NAXJA Forum User
What do you guys think or what are you running in yours? Was looking into just doing a SYE, but started to come across all this good info on these 2 swaps. I'm running a 95 drivline in my 90 XJ 4.0L, Auto, 231, but time to get a CV d-shaft b/c I'm tired of breaking the rear d-shaft and fluid going everywhere and you guys know the mess.

So what is your guy's opinion on this.?

Does anyone have pics of the D300 flip in their XJ and pics of how the center console was cut to use twin stick shifter? I am looking at the Downeast Offroad kit on the flip for $550 and I can get the D300 for $125.

HELP!!!

I just finished the NV241OR swap into my 98. I haven't had the chance to thrash on it, but the install couldn't get any easier. Only mod I made was installing 1310 yokes front and rear.

Bolted up to the AX15 with no mods to the crossmember or interference with the floor.
With the 1310 yoke I reused the original front driveshaft with no length changes.
The speed sensor plugged directly into the XJ harness.
The original transfercase linkage was a direct hook up.
The only work required is for the indicator switch, the connectors are different, so that cute light on the dash doesn't illuminate when in 4wd. :laugh3: Easy fix if needed.

For a little more $$$ than a Tera-Low plus SYE, you get all that and a much beefier transfercase.

:cool:

Last edited:
check the low range on a d300... it inst as low as the 231/242

Jeffro600 said:
Good freakin luck....i dont think ive EVER seen a used atlas for anything under 1500 unless it was broken.

True...

But by the time you've finished rebuilding a D300 and buying a flip kit and if you're not doing the work yourself...

I think there's a thread here or on PBB showing how to do a flip kit on the cheap...

Back