• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Front Axle Fawked?

MrShoeBoy

NAXJA Forum User
The last 2 trips out with my newly installed HP Dana 44 narrowed to Waggy width with F-150 outers I blow a shaft. Is there something wrong with my housing or do I just have good luck? The housing is from a F-250 and appeared stright when I was cleaning and narrowing it. The gear install went smoothly and everything else was replaced with new. Any ideas on what could be wrong? I am running 33s, a manual tranny, and a 231. I also have a 4.6L stroker and am not that hard on the throttle. The first time out the stub shaft was slightly beaten up when I put it in but just today the long side inner broke and spit the u joint cap half way out. I have beaten on the Dana 30 harder with 32s and the shafts have held up. Am I just special? :rolleyes:

I have a set of Superiors on the way, but still need some good u joints.

AARON

Did you put new shafts into the hp44?? If they were old maybe they were abused beforehand and were on their way out. You never Know especially since you were on only 33s that is odd!

we'll see -

im going wheeling monday -

it would be interersting to see if i can blow a front shaft - im gonna try...

Back