• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Where to buy 1" lift block?

MyJeepXJ

NAXJA Forum User
I *think* Im gonna need a 1" lift block for the rear, but I dont want a cast iron or aluminum block, I want a 1 piece steel block.

Anyone have a link to someone that has them? I did search, but after 5 pages of ends, I gave up.

Thanks!
Andrew

I believe BDS and Rocky road both make one

You will regret a block. If you need another inch, go with a longer shackle. The block will cause premature failure of your springs.

old_man said:
You will regret a block. If you need another inch, go with a longer shackle. The block will cause premature failure of your springs.
agreed totally. I got axle wrap something awful with a 1" block. If you get a longer shackle, at least you have something you can build on.

Why do you need another inch?

new kid on the block....

why dont you punch him before he kills someone when the blocks fail or fall out. he can die might help clear up the gene pool but no one else should die for his mall crawler

sorry had to vent theres kids at my school with rigs just like that.
also i would go with shackles, only way to go for an extra inch.

If you want to do this cheaply i suggest you find a pair of Comanche shackles as they are 1" longer than stock XJ shackles.

Listen to the others, no blocks.

A 1 inch lift block is fine. I have been running mine for about a year now. Any local 4x4 shop should have them for you. If not I am pretty sure RE sells them as well.

helix said:
If you want to do this cheaply i suggest you find a pair of Comanche shackles as they are 1" longer than stock XJ shackles.

Listen to the others, no blocks.

I dont think you read the original post sir, I already have Tereflex shackles installed. :)

canadianwheeler said:
A 1 inch lift block is fine. I have been running mine for about a year now. Any local 4x4 shop should have them for you. If not I am pretty sure RE sells them as well.

Thank you. It refreshing to get a straight answer to a simple question once in a while, instead of a debate getting fired off. :)

aussiewheeler said:
also i would go with shackles, only way to go for an extra inch.
Thats what my wife said, I only need an inch. But seriously, Ive already got 1.5" Tereflex shackles in the back. Why in the world would I want to remove these monstorous beast to put some shit shackle in??

To All That Are Tempted To Reply With Some Other Advise, I Already Have Tereflex Shackles. I Only Need About 1" To Level Out The Ass Nicely. Please Do Not Post About Other Methods Of Gaining An Inch, Its Not In The Context Of The Origional Question. I Am Also Not Interested In The Cons Of Blox, I Have Already Researched.

Thank You Kindly...

MyJeepXJ said:
I dont think you read the original post sir, I already have Tereflex shackles installed. :)

MyJeepXJ said:
I *think* Im gonna need a 1" lift block for the rear, but I dont want a cast iron or aluminum block, I want a 1 piece steel block.

Anyone have a link to someone that has them? I did search, but after 5 pages of ends, I gave up.

Thanks!
Andrew

funny....you NEVER stated that before....

wonder why so many people said shackles?

If you WOULD HAVE SAID I have brackets first....it would have been easier.

Rocky Road Has blocks in any size you want. If your springs sagged you can add a fulllength AAL from Rancho too bring them back up. I've done this and it lifted it back up and basically refreshed the springs.(they weren't too stiff).

But, Rocky Road Builds them in 1/2" increments.

I hate it when the rear is too low.

You do have a point Red, but I dindt feel I needed to explain my situation just to ask for a parts source. :)

Anyway, heres a pic...

93xj-2inTereflex-BandA.gif

Just cut the front coils to get it to level out... ;)

Joking, calm down. Either way, I am not a fan of lift blocks. They make it unstable, and increase wrap.. and wear on your springs. Just get an add-a-leaf.

But if you must get a block, these guys have already given you way more information on who and where to buy them.. so.. there you go.

Back