• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Those with 13.5" tires

slvr98svt

NAXJA Forum User
I am looking into some 13.5" wide tires. Looks like I will run 10" wide rims because they say dont go 5" of width over the rim? My question is, what kind of backspacing do I need. I just swapped in both front and rear D44's out a waggy, and am getting close to ordering wheels/tires. Just trying to see what everyone else out there is using as I dont need control arm rub!! I came up with some different threads of people running 13.5's but no one saying if they had any issues with that combo of bs and axles.
Thanks,
-Matt

I have a set of DC 1450's and I have them on 15x10's with 3.75 BS. Here's a pick, they just stick out really far.

photo7.jpg

photo8.jpg

The ones in the back are 31x1050 with the same BS.

What do they stick out there, maybe 3 or 4 inches? Just trying to get a visual on my jeep.
I am not stuck on 13.5's it is just that I would like to get some 36" Irok's and they only come that wide. If its not feasible then I will just stick to some 12.5's . But I will just have to do some research on tires then, the Iroks have some really good reviews, and its not going to be driven on the street much but would like to try to not spend to much more than 200 a tire.
Thanks,
-Matt

I run 37 1350 claws on 15x8s with a 4" backspacing. Just rub the longarms at full turn and inner fendar at full flex full turn. I have my front end pushed foward 2" and i just about rub the floor where my feet are at full flex. I would guess with a wider wheel and less backspacing you would be hitting the floor pretty good.

I'm running 35x13.5" Krawlers on 15x8, 3.75" backspaced Champions. They barely touch my LA's, BUT I have a HPD44 front that's 1" wider than stock. I also run an 8.8 rear but have 1 1/8" spacers on either side.

John

Avanteone said:
I'm running 35x13.5" Krawlers on 15x8, 3.75" backspaced Champions. They barely touch my LA's, BUT I have a HPD44 front that's 1" wider than stock. I also run an 8.8 rear but have 1 1/8" spacers on either side.

John

You have HPD44 out of a Ford I assume. I have a LPD44 out of a waggy. Do you know the wheel mounting surface to wheel mounting surface measurements on both your front and rear 8.8? That way it will give me a guage on where I am?
Thanks,
-Matt

slvr98svt said:
You have HPD44 out of a Ford I assume. I have a LPD44 out of a waggy. Do you know the wheel mounting surface to wheel mounting surface measurements on both your front and rear 8.8? That way it will give me a guage on where I am?
Thanks,
-Matt

Not off hand, but I could check for you on Monday. Mine was originally Ford, but it's been retubed, narrowed, etc. I'll get some measurements and get back to you.

J

Back