• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What kind of lift is best?

oo7ravisXJ

NAXJA Forum User
Hey everybody, i'm saving for a 4.5" lift, im pretty sure that the RE 4.5" lift is the one im gona go with but dont know for sure because their are kits out their for alot less $ with shocks included like Rustys 4.5 " lift. What your alls opinon about brands like RE and Rustys? -Thx, Travis

Last edited:
Want my answer it's really easy. I don't care what brand you buy, just don't buy pucks and add-a-leafs. You will regret it.

Buy a kit that has new springs all around.

My $.02

Erik

Trailbst said:
Want my answer it's really easy. I don't care what brand you buy, just don't buy pucks and add-a-leafs. You will regret it.

Buy a kit that has new springs all around.

My $.02

Erik

You just summarized my 3 months of research before I bought my lift. I like my Rusty's 3 inch lift a lot, but I would have asked for 4 1/2 lift front springs if I knew then what I know now... The rears are more like 4 1/2"

If an RE kit is in your price then do it! You will get alot more for your $$ than buying a Rusty's kit. Not to mention his fixed control arms are crap...IMO of course.

Back