• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

How to relocate rear passenger brake line

Lighterknot

NAXJA Forum User
I noticed the rear brake line on the passenger side hangs down a lot. Is there a common way to relocate it so it doesn't hang down so bad? I did a search but no luck...

Lighterknot said:
I noticed the rear brake line on the passenger side hangs down a lot. Is there a common way to relocate it so it doesn't hang down so bad? I did a search but no luck...
manual hard line? Get a spring and hang it up.

I don't think it is considered a hard line, it is where the line connects to the drum, it goes down below the axle, and I have noticed it is the same on every cherokee I have seen.

Lighterknot said:
I don't think it is considered a hard line, it is where the line connects to the drum, it goes down below the axle, and I have noticed it is the same on every cherokee I have seen.
well, hard line, parking brake wire, whatever, same difference: get a spring and hang it, that's how it's done in older models.

Are you taliking about the e-brake cable? I used a wire tie on mine and attached it to the axle, its all I had at the time..A spring would be better.
Mine actually came off the shoe and fell out of the backing plate....scared the s-it out of me when I ran over it, that sudden jerk made it feel like the whole drivetrain was falling out.

I just bought the jeep and looked under there real quick, it could be the e-brake cable but I would have to check...but every stock cherokee I have seen driving around has the same thing...i will just zip tie it for now.

Back