• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Convertible XJ project

IslanderXJ

NAXJA Forum User
I'm thining about taking a junker and a rollover survivor and hacking them up, although carfully and after much measuring and speculation, and putting them together to build me a convertible XJ, taking off the topp, doors, rear windows, rear hatch, and folding down the windshield like a TJ. Any body got any tips, pics, or expierences to help me out?

I want to be able to put it back on once in awhile and not have it leak and stuff. plus caring junk and people under a roof is something I like to have

Anybody actually seen one of those "RATICAL TOPS" covertible kits? they show a picture but its not even an xj.

Anybody here remember the dude(there are pictures out there, I'm sure of it!) with convertible XJ -- had a rope/pulley hoist he would drive under to remove the top?

Was that just a bad dream?

xj_conv.jpg

xjrugger said:
i think i remeber seeing that YEARS ago in a magazine, it's from Europe i think

given where the steering wheel is, I would say your are "right" :laugh3:

So im guessing nobaody thinks this is a good idea? Too bad doing it anyway! lol I got plans and drawings i will post as them when I find a scanner. but it will work I'm sure of it...

Doing a Cage, definitly! wouldn't even think of driving it without one.
Here's some general idea of what I'm doing
XJ_dimensionstoplessroofanddoors.jpg

XJ_dimensionstoplessSofttop.jpg

XJ_dimensionstoplessCageexpl.jpg

XJ_dimensionstoplessHDCG.jpg

I'm working on a finding a scanner to get the drawing of the actual cage, and specifics.

Back