• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

No-Slip 8.25 install difficulty on 1-10 scale

very easy prob a 2-3 with 1 being a tire change and 10 being motor and auto overhaul

search for no slip install and you might even come up with a step by step write up on it with pics and everything.

If you have to force the cross pin in STOP, and start over. Its about a $100-150 mistake if you force it. Don't ask how I know.

definetly a 3, follow instructions and check here with any questions

IH8RDS said:
3. Just put all the parts in right the first time :gag:

Yeah watch the paddle on the spacer. :hang:

When you install it just use plenty of grease to hold things and it should be fairly easy. Do your homework and read up ahead of time and things should go fine.

1... maybe a 2... but then again I done alot of them.
My first time took me about an hour. and I changed one wheel bearing at the same time.

Right on, thanks for all the tips and offered help, appreciate it greatly! I hope to tackle this soon, just have to clean the shop first. The empties i'll be taking in willl have paid for the locker! lol Damn Sports! Thanks again fellas.

Re: No-Slip 8.25 install DONE! SUMMARY

Well it's done! Thanks to all for the advice and tips. I highly agree/recommend for future No-Slip installers to definitely follow this advice...

Read the instructions fully before hand and study the assembly drawings.

While the rear diff is draining:
1. Rip the "assembly" pictures out of the install manual so you can use them as a quick reference during installation.

2. Assemble the locker dry and make your Sharpie marks for alignment which makes the installation super quick.

When the diff is done draining and you jack 'er up, remove both tires...
I removed the passenger tire to take the weight off the shaft for when you have to slip out the axle.
I also removed the driver side tire eventually because i needed to use a BFH to hammer in the axle to get the c-clip out. Just remove both, it adds a minute to the install time (love air tools!)

Above all...Don't rush!

My thoughts by Jack Handy...

WOW!!! No clicks, pops or any noise at all, it's seamless. I am SO impressed with this locker. Easy install and way cool to drive with!
We had snow and freezing rain today and anyone who has been doubting getting a locker for fear of winter handling characteristics, all i can say is get out your credit card and get a No-Slip for the rear.
I started getting a little snakey on the icey stuff and threw the lever and yee-haw let's have some fun! To quote Jeff Spicolli "TOTALLY AWESOME!"

Thanks again. -B

IMHO, a LockRight would be the best option... a lot less crap to install, makes it a 2 on the difficulty scale. You dont NEED a better lunchbox locker, the old school LockRight is perfect! I know, I ran one, was very happy with it!!

MyJeepXJ said:
IMHO, a LockRight would be the best option... a lot less crap to install, makes it a 2 on the difficulty scale. You dont NEED a better lunchbox locker, the old school LockRight is perfect! I know, I ran one, was very happy with it!!
SPOBI!! a rear lock right is annoying loud and jerky. a rear no slip is quiet and well behaved. a little more money but worth it.

Back