• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Bra question...(smart-aleky responses optional)

RTicUL8

NAXJA Forum User
Will a pre-96 XJ bra work on a 2000 XJ? I'm trying to find one for my 2000 model without having to pay $110 at the dealership. I have only found older ones for sale on ebay.
I'm thinking that they might not fit right - parking light openings, etc.

One thing I want to point out, it's easily forgotten.

You might not want to get one, after all, those damn clasps are almost impossible to get open!

:D Couldn't resist

Could you just get a sports bra and be done with it?
More flexability and holding power for those 3+ trails.
There are some that actually make the front end look bigger.
Not so good for aerodynamics, but impressive to other XJ owners.

This is for my wife's XJ, so the only one that I'm concerned about impressing is myself. She not going to sport it to show off to you!:nono:

shesh!
I knew I was just inviting trouble by posting this one.
Let's see....you guys forgot to joke about the bra making the headlights stick out more... etc. etc.

On the other hand (sorry) going without can be a problem too- 3+ 'wheeling is challenging is enough without all that bouncing around. Besides we want our sport to be "family friendly" and the kids don't need to see such things.:nono:

ahem-- now back to being the epitome of morality and virtue.

Seriously, don't put one on, you'll wreck you paint. Those things lead to chafing!:D

Don't laugh, I really am trying to help. You might want to post this at JU, the group over there has more experiance in this type of equipment.

Rev

Yes, the certianly are, the Car Bra I mean...don't believe what they say about how they know the other bra's and the like, it's all BS I'm sure! (C'mon, you brag about it on every post on OT we all know it's BS!)

They use a LOT of gravel in Colorado on the roads during the winter time. If car bras really wear off the paint, then I might look at one of those plastic shields - Let's see you guys joke about those!

plastic under the bra, your in CO not CA. so very sorry. it shoud work but the cut outs won't be the same. i think the plastic is a better idea. the 3M stuff works well.

without a bra you are always taking a chance on being cited by the local law enforcement agency for "carrying a load not properly secured" ....
gravel on the roads? wow... must trash the windshield too. maybe a little paint rubbing is a good trade off to 500 rock dimples and scratches in the grille area...
mike

sidriptide said:
maybe a little paint rubbing is a good trade off to 500 rock dimples and scratches in the grille area...
mike
It's a personal choice, but with my 280Z, once I installed the bra I could never leave it off.

It scarred the painted surface so badly that my only options were to leave the bra on and not worry about it, or take the bra off and have the front end repainted.

RTicUL8 said:
If car bras really wear off the paint, then I might look at one of those plastic shields - Let's see you guys joke about those!

That's easy. Your first idea was a bra, now you want a plastic(jock-strap/cup type) sheild? Weird.

Back