• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

About them O-RINGS

Does anyone have a source other than Jeep for the transmission and injector o-rings? I'm working with a buddy rebuilding two XJs. We have plenty of intact clips, scvanged from several vehicles, along with the spacers. We just need new o-rings and I refuse to pay the dealership $25 per end (comes out to about $150 per vehicle). I don't need the fancy plastic suppository tool that comes with the jeep o-rings, I'm pretty good with an o-ring pick.

Anyone know what sizes these o-rings are or know anything about their material makeup (Buna-N, Fluorosilicone)?

I'd just ditch the quick disconnects altogether but the fuel rail kind of messes that up. No easy way to convert that I can tell to a hose clamp. So, I imagine if I find the o-rings for one, it'll probably cost me less than $1 each and I might as well have 'em all.

Hey,

You can get them at an Auto Parts Store. I got mine from AutoBarn and AutoZone. I think there were 6-7 in the box so I got two; each store only had one box.

You need two for each injector and one for the fuel regulator. Gonna wait till she springs a leak... If she ain't broke...

Thx, Phil

help we are looking for anyone with experence just getting rid of the quick releases.
I want an easy and reliable way so we will not have to find difficult parts at a later time.
thanks

Once you figure out how to get the quick release to come apart I think they are fine. The last time I bought four or five of the kits at one of the auto parts chain stores. I think I paid around $5 for each kit. I used up my last kit recently when I installed my new injectors. Good Luck.

Woody

I have a design for a part to eliminate the QD fittings at the transmission - I'm hoping for prototypes soon. I'm also working on a fuel rail re-design to eliminate the QD fitting there in favour of a -4, -5, or -6AN or JIC fitting - once I complete the prototype cycle on a few other parts, I'll start working on that one (but I'll have to do a few different versions of that one, RENIX, OBD-I, and OBD-II at least...)

5-90

Back