• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

can't turn right.....

XJ99

NAXJA Forum User
I think my suspicions are right but Just checkin with others opinions...

When I try to cut the wheel right I am prematurely stopped, I got out to look and....

Where my tie rod meets my drag link...the tie rod end is running Into the bottom part of the JKS disco mount which prevents the wheel from cutting anymore right...I believe this means I need a pitman arm drop correct?

anyone got one for sale?

XJ99 said:
I think my suspicions are right but Just checkin with others opinions...

When I try to cut the wheel right I am prematurely stopped, I got out to look and....

Where my tie rod meets my drag link...the tie rod end is running Into the bottom part of the JKS disco mount which prevents the wheel from cutting anymore right...I believe this means I need a pitman arm drop correct?

anyone got one for sale?
You'll probably have to extend your disco mount for it to clear.
http://www.kevinsoffroad.com/jksfabparts.html
I'm not too sure if the pitman arm drop will correct the situation. Someone else will chime in on that one. Good luck. Jeff
http://www.kevinsoffroad.com/jksfabparts.html

ok Its not my disco mount, and not my steering stabilizer fully compressing, what else could be keeping my from fully turning the wheel right? the steering wheel stops like Its done but I know my wheel should be able to cut more, when I turn Left It cuts all the way....what could the problem be?

before had a 4" with 33's no problems turning...after the 6.5" Lift went on I was not able to cut the wheel hard right, the steering wheel feels like It wont go any further and nothings blocking It, I had an alignment done still cant cut hard right. Stock steering...everything else seems to be fine, only think I could think of is the stock drag link may be to short?

When your wheels are straight, where is the pitman arm pointing? It should be pretty much perpendicular to the bumper. They have screwed up the alignment if it's pointing to the right.

If your looking at the pitman arm from the front of the vehicle, when the tires are straight It points the drag link towards the left, when I cut the wheel to the left side (where I get full turn), It points the pitman arm dead center aligned with the vehicle, when I try to cut the wheel to the right, It put the pitman arm which looks like full left <---- that direction If your lookin at It from the front of the vehicle under the bumper....so do I need to get alignment re-done?

sounds like it to me. My pitman arm is about dead center when the wheel is straight. Might be something you can do yourself. Loosen the clamps and center the pitman arm. Shouldn't afect toe in or anything else.

kubtastic said:
demand a refund on the first alignment.
X2...Or at least make sure they fix it for free!!!
Sounds like when they "straightened" the wheel, they went the wrong way!!!
The easiest thing should be to re-adjust the draglink, unless they actually pulled the arm off, and re-installed in the wrong position.
If there are hardly any threads showing on the draglink, I'd try adjusting it that way, it needs to be longer. If the draglink threads look "normal", you may need to re-install the pitman arm.

Oh, and adjusting the draglink won't affect the alignment, just the location of the steering wheel, and pitman arm.

TRAILREADYXJ said:
X2...Or at least make sure they fix it for free!!!
Sounds like when they "straightened" the wheel, they went the wrong way!!!
The easiest thing should be to re-adjust the draglink, unless they actually pulled the arm off, and re-installed in the wrong position.
If there are hardly any threads showing on the draglink, I'd try adjusting it that way, it needs to be longer. If the draglink threads look "normal", you may need to re-install the pitman arm.
Yeah, that's what I meant. I didn't mean pull the pitman arm, sorry for th confusion.

I have a 1 year unlimited alignment package for 60 bucks....but I went back to NTB and they said that It was the pitman arm that was out of wack but that didnt fall under the alignment package and they wanted $80 to fix It, I said no way but one of the younger dudes was cooler and he actually told me exactly how to fix the pitman arm in my driveway. I Just have to remove the lower part of the arm, point the tires straight ahead before I disconnect It, then re attach the drag link to the arm

Back