• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

TnT rear 8.8 truss fits awesome!

RWKHausSupply

NAXJA Forum User
Well I am doing a swap to a 8.8 and figured that since TnT was running special adn the upper rear truss for the 8.8 and the u-bolt eliminators were a good deal (to me at least) I figured I would try them both out.

I was a little worried that the truss may not fit as exact as the picture kinda shows. Well it fits exactly as it shows on thier web page. Very contoured. Here are a few pictures before the eliminators are welded on... I just need the spacing to get them tacked on before I slide the axle under the XJ on wed when I set it up for the right pinion angle..

I only did about 1-2" beads about every 1-2" to try and minimize the amount of tube warping from the heat..

33460011.JPG

33460009.JPG

33460013.JPG

33460008.JPG

If you wheel that thing in the mud at all, the truss is going to catch a lot of muck. I would suggest cutting some openings between your welds to let crap back out. Jeff

the 8.8 I got came with disc brakes. I am doing a locker and 4:56 gears.

As for opening up any drain areas. I dont plan on doing much mud and if I do I doubt I will have a problem with my high psi washer getting the muds out. The small gravel if any will be the only thing that may not wash out easily but thats given in some areas of Every rig...

ROBERTK said:
the 8.8 I got came with disc brakes. I am doing a locker and 4:56 gears.

As for opening up any drain areas. I dont plan on doing much mud and if I do I doubt I will have a problem with my high psi washer getting the muds out. The small gravel if any will be the only thing that may not wash out easily but thats given in some areas of Every rig...
I agree with Jeff.
Without some kind of drain the pressure washer will just pack it in.
You really should grind out an area between the welds to allow the dirt/mud/stones/water to drain out.

kid4lyf said:
I agree with Jeff.
Without some kind of drain the pressure washer will just pack it in.
You really should grind out an area between the welds to allow the dirt/mud/stones/water to drain out.

The ends are open and shold be easily washed out ....or move to AZ where mud is off limits

91 Jeep Project said:
They won't be when those big ass perches are butted up to it.

Very true. But how many of you get all the mud out of your skids or off from on top of the perches or in a TJ good luck getting it all out of inside the TC skid. I can live with it now. If it would have been broughten up before hand I may have half circle cut a few notches, but I am not going to worry about it now..

Back