• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need to gain .5-1" height on rear leaf pack

Shadowgames96XJ

NAXJA Forum User
I have a 3.5" leaf pack, and extended shackle 1.5" I need to gain 1/2" for the rear to match the front, I have my old stock leafs and a leaf from an s-10 pack, what is the best way to gain 1/2" use the stock leaf pack the shortest leaf the are nearly flat and my new packs are arched pretty well.

I would ditch the extended rear shackle and put the dakota leaf in there. You could go with a 1/2" lift block if you wanted to. If you have stiff spring packs this may not be so bad, but on an XJ it will lead to more than the usual amount of spring wrap, especially with stock leafs w/ AALs. If the dakota leaf packs have an overload spring, use that too, because that will basically be a really small lift block, only it will distribute the load over a larger area of the leaf.

xj-fx said:

on quick glance those look like the cheap cast aluminum blocks that autozone/checker sells. do yourself a favor and DO NOT use those. I used those on a dodge dakota before I knew better, they crumbled, my axle shifted, and I broke a ujoint and yoke which left me stranded in BFE for a week. anyway, www.rocky-road.com carries solid steel ones

Back