• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

My latest fab work!

XJJPR

NAXJA Forum User
NAXJA Member
There should be a limit on how much diamond plating I'm allowed to buy!

Fab work!

The last two pictures are of the back storage area. I raised it up and made it much more waterproof. Got sick of every time I needed to wash the jeep I had to remove everything in the storage and dry it off. Not to mention the rain problems getting in.

On the console area the shifter is moved back three inches. Finally a place to have the CB and not have it kicked by the passenger!

Yes it is all welded in! The cover over the shifter is removable by just grinding a few tack welds and the e brake handle bolts are all accessible!

hinkley

Ouch! I'd hate to bump into that in a rollover or what have you. At least plastic gives a little.

All that pretty metalwork and you do a horsecrap job on the switch? :D

IMG_0013.JPG

Rev

Okie Terry said:
:puke:

Advanced fab, how?

What advanced skill of fab work isn't advanced fab?

Jeez, I get yelled at for putting junk in the picture forum and now the adv fab forum.

Anyhow, aren't you a mod?

hinkley

Last edited:
MudslinginXJ said:
Wow, nice job on those man. I love the look of that center console. How much $ in materials you have for that?

The console is maybe $20.00 but the whole jeep is way too much to count the dollars of D-plate that I have used. :D

hinkley

Lawn Cher' said:
Ouch! I'd hate to bump into that in a rollover or what have you. At least plastic gives a little.

The console lid will have a padded top on it. Anyhow. Ii'm so old I'll never fold over that far for my head to hit unless I'm already dead!

hinkley

Mark Hinkley said:
Anyhow. Ii'm so old I'll never fold over that far for my head to hit unless I'm already dead!
hinkley

Like it would really matter if you hit your head anyway. :D

so you spent a ton of time making something that looks almost exactly like the stock unit?

:laugh3:

i do like the box if that means anything...

Back