• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

urgent!!! can't get the nss off!

shortxjdoug

NAXJA Forum User
hey i am writing this from the shop greasy hands and all, i have removed the upper right bolt holding the nss and the big retaining nut around the square shift rod, all i see now is the threads for the big nut, it wiggles back and forth but i can't get it to pull off, is there something that i am missing here? i have never dealt with this part before and my buddy took his to a shop to do it, don't have my shop manual yet so any immediate help is greatly appreciated

Last edited:
still no worky, doesn't it come straight out off of the shift rod that runs through the front of the trans? there is a cooler line and an exhaust pipe in the way

Put the big nut back on a few threads , and use a big flathead screwdriver in between the big nut and the tranny pan!!!

you can do it!!!

:repair:

there it went! thanks for the help the shift shaft was tacked in with a little bit of friendly rust. help is very appreciated

Back