• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Stuck With A Horn Wiring Question

Quarterwave

NAXJA Forum User
Hi all,

Further to the subject, I posted a while ago trying to find a way to get my horn working but haven't had success - yet. FWIW, I have an aftermarket Grant wheel on my 93 2-door Sport and was unable to figure out how to wire up the horn during the installation b/c the diagram that came with installation kit was nothing like what I was working with.

Anyway, at the moment, after installng the adapter and wheel, there is a small hole at about 11 o'clock on the adapter that a thin pin comes out of. Now, if I press the pin inwards with my finger, the horn doesn't come on. However, if I use a pair of pliers or a screwdriver, it works.

The cap for the center of the wheel is a type of spring-loaded assembly, with two separate pins (with small holes at the end of each one) attached to the back of it. From memory there was a type of ring that came with the kit, but no matter how many ways I tried to make it fit/work, it wouldn't and naturally, since moving house, I can't find that ring....

Any ideas would be appreciated in advance.

Thanks,
Quarterwave

You are probably better off to get another installation kit(p/n 3196).

It should only be about $10.

That ring and the wire connected to it provides a grounding path for the horn.

Back