• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

what rim size and backspacing do you use on a 30x9.5x15?

ny_busboy said:
just wonderin what rim size and backspacing do you use on a 30x9.5x15?
i run 15x8 TJ Canyon wheels with 5.25 backspacing

Stock rims work fine. 15 x 7. I ran mine for 2 years that way.

You won't get chains on the rear without a lift, however.

robz95xj said:
i run 15x8 TJ Canyon wheels with 5.25 backspacing

The 8" Canyons have 5.5" of BS.
I also have 30s and TJ Canyons. Its worked well for 60000 miles (same set of tires and still have usable tread left). Its not the best combo for the trail but for road use, it works fine.

96 Cherokee said:
If you put a heavy load in the rear, causing the springs to sag a bit, would the 30" tires rub?

You will probably get varying answers to this but in my case, the 30s rub just slightly in the rear under full flex but Ive never had them rub under compression from a load. Ive got an AAL in the rear so it sits about 2" higher than stock but still compresses against the stock bumpstop just like without the AAL so that doesnt make a difference whether it rubs or not.

Hope this helps and doesn't confuse, but I have 3" of lift and run stock rims (15x7) with 31x10.5's and have NO rubbing in the rear. Only a little rubbing in the front on the LCA's...solved by adjusting the turn stops on the front. You shouldn't need to worry about changing wheels with 30x9.50's.

96 Cherokee said:
If you put a heavy load in the rear, causing the springs to sag a bit, would the 30" tires rub?

mine is 2001 with 30x9.5 on a stock wheel and stock suspension. if i have a heavy load at the back and i hit a hole, tires rub at the flares. i am planning to put a budget boost but wanted to know if i can replace my rims with 4.5 backspacing

Back