• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

RE 5.5" springs

90whitexj

NAXJA Forum User
Whose got em? I just ordered mine and was looking to see what you guys thought of them. I know they are fairly new so I doubt many people will have much to say yet but well seee.

I know someone that is picking up a set too. Haven't heard anything on them yet.

Jeffro600 said:
Their springs....

Not sure what you want to know about em...

RE's springs are pretty good and you wont find much bad mouthing about them.

He is referring to the new 5.5" XJ Leaf Springs that Rubicon recently released.

they need to be used with the new boomarang shackle they came out with to get the proper effect out of them as they were intended to be used with a 7.5" lift

Yes I hear you need a 6" boomerang shackle but mine is 5.5" center of hole to COH. I think its goint to work. I guess ill let you guys know what I think of them in the next couple of weeks.

I have RE front 5.5 and they actually sit at 6.5+ ..... that is what I hear from everyone that RE's springs sit higher then what they say they are.... good stuff though.

Eveyones springs tend are going to be high. If you look at alot of mfg now they are stating 'approx xx" lift" . Especially leaf packs are going to be taller first then settle.

GirlScout1 said:
Eveyones springs tend are going to be high. If you look at alot of mfg now they are stating 'approx xx" lift" . Especially leaf packs are going to be taller first then settle.

the real difference with most manufacturers is how much they settle and how quickly.

90whitexj, Did you install the springs yet? Impressions, height, ride? Thanks.

No unfortunataly the jeep is parked for a month or so. I still need to rework my front suspension and add my sye, driveshafts, ect. I did pick them up, and they look very tall. Im assuming they are going to sit more at 6"+ of lift. The quality is excellent by the looks of them.

ya i really want to sit 6.5-7...will the 5.5 and a shackle do the trick...or will the 5.5 leafs net me more lift than it actually says...thanks

codeman8118 said:
ya i really want to sit 6.5-7...will the 5.5 and a shackle do the trick...or will the 5.5 leafs net me more lift than it actually says...thanks
All new springs sit higher then advertised when they are first put on. Once they settle in they will sag down to either advertised, or a bit lower then that height. Because they are RE springs they will sit higher then 5.5''.

Hope to get mine installed that week, together with my old Rusty shakles.

I first got the 4.5" (because I didn´t know about the new 5.5") and the rear of the XJ was sitting quite low in comparison to the front (RE 7.5" TJ coils). We´ll see, how it´ll look (and handle) with the new springs...

Back