• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Trouble centering axle with rusts trac bar

xtrememtbiker85

NAXJA Forum User
I am currently running 4.5" lift with Rustys lca's and uca's and RE coils and the rustys adj trac bar and bracket. I cannot get my axle to center properly b/c there is not a sufficient amount of threads left in the hole on the bar. Do i have to go for a longer HD trac bar or is could something be adjusted wrong. It it too far to the drivers side. Also I do plan on going up to 5.5" this summer and I was thinking of getting the RE HD trac bar and bracket.

The other problem is i think the trac bar hole on teh axle side is oval b/c when ever i crank to the left or right i get a big thud and i know it is coming form the trac bar b/c iahve watched it move at the axle connection. I put a new grade 8 bolt in and it was fine for a while but after a week or so it came back. If the hole has ovaled itself what is there i can do w/o redrilling the hole?

two seperate proablems
  1. track bar length. answer is buy a new one or re drill the hole on the axle side 3/4 in to the side of the origional ( would solve issue #2 in the process) or get a new rod end with longer threads.
  2. oblong hole. answer is weld a piece of plate ( 3/16 thick ) over the origional bracket and drill a new hole or fill the origional hole and re drill it ( both need welding ) or you could over size the origionla hole and use an insert sleev that is a tight fit in the bolt and the hole.
simple really HTH

Back