• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

NP242 Problems

Scrub2k

NAXJA Forum User
Well when i swapped my trannsmissions i put the 242 back into the 89 cause i wanted to have the option for the full time, so now i only have 2wd or full time, my part time settings do not work. it engages into both high and low but only drives the rear wheels, it drive the front wheels in full time.

What might be wrong? i've changed the fluid checked all the linkage

im at a loss

thanks

Scrub2k said:
Well when i swapped my trannsmissions i put the 242 back into the 89 cause i wanted to have the option for the full time, so now i only have 2wd or full time, my part time settings do not work. it engages into both high and low but only drives the rear wheels, it drive the front wheels in full time.

What might be wrong? i've changed the fluid checked all the linkage

im at a loss

thanks
How do you know it don't drive the wheels in full time?

ok well its got the trak-lok in the rear, but after i got it all in i decided to go out and play in the snow and driving around in fulltime was great no problems, but i wanted to play some more so i threw it in low and nothing, open the door look out just the rears spin, throw it back into full time pull off into a flat parking lot and have my wife drive around in 4Low and it will not even spin the front wheels. but have her do the same in full time and it is spinning the front wheels.

Scrub2k said:
ok well its got the trak-lok in the rear, but after i got it all in i decided to go out and play in the snow and driving around in fulltime was great no problems, but i wanted to play some more so i threw it in low and nothing, open the door look out just the rears spin, throw it back into full time pull off into a flat parking lot and have my wife drive around in 4Low and it will not even spin the front wheels. but have her do the same in full time and it is spinning the front wheels.
Ok 4lo is only part time. You may need to adjust your linkage, did you set it with a 1/8 gauge in the shift gate?

Back