• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Krikit KR2

wilcharl

NAXJA Forum User
Santa Claus brought me a KR2 (went home to parents for the 1st time in a few yrs they asked me what I wanted and i gave them the napa part # and said dont ask any questions just order it) anyways I have one and did the search thing and found the tension on my belt (used) should be around 175-180

Now here is the question what is the best technique to do it (4.0) i took the measeurment between the Water Pump and the PS pump on that 6-7" lenth of belt

is the 175-180 a good # and what are your krikit techneques

I would have sworn my FSM said 140-160, but I left it at work, so I dunno.
I just made sure that I wasn't on a pulley and took a measurement between the WP and PS and a measurement between.. hm. I think the AC and the WP maybe? Or maybe the Alt and the crank? At any rate, the only easily acessible range of belt on the passenger side of the block.
When I got the same measurement from both places, I figured I was good.

190# NEW belt, NEW being defined at one having run LESS than 15 minutes.
170# on USED belts, USED being defined as one having run MORE than 15 minutes.

new 180-200
used 140-160

measurement should be done at the center of the longest exposed portion of the belt.

Back