• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Recovering sunvisors

1096xj

NAXJA Forum User
Ok I did a search and could not find anything on taking the sunvisors apart. I recovered the headliner with new material and the overhead console. Now the visors look really bad. Has anyone recovered theirs or taken them apart. Mine are the ones with the lighted vanitiy mirrors.

Use a small screwdriver along the bottom of the mirror. There are 2 spots were it locks in. It lifts out easily after that. On the visor, tear off the old material, and you will see how to open it. Use a scewdriver to open the little plastic clips around the visor. After they are all released, the visor opens like a clamshell.

Thanks for the help. So far I am really pleased with the results of the headliner and console. Saved alot of money and really makes a big difference.

Ok, I got the visors apart. Now will the mirrors come apart without breaking them? I want to replace the material on the back of the mirror door. I tend to be heavey handed so any help before I start prying would be appreciated.

1096xj said:
Thanks for the help. So far I am really pleased with the results of the headliner and console. Saved alot of money and really makes a big difference.

..what kind of glue did you end up using?

i have tried this but the glue always leaks through the material~

I ordered the material and glue from WLS headliners. They sell the kit with glue and I upgraded to the more expensive glue. when I ordered the kit I added more material for the console and visors. I have more then enough but I always think it is better to have too much then not enough! The spay glue worked great I did have one spot in the back corner that the glue bled through. I think I went a little heavy with the glue there and then I pressed the material down too hard in that corner. That was the first place we started in and after that we went easier on the glue and did not press down with finger tips. It really looks great. I will try to add the link of the supplier in this post, hopr it works!!!
http://www.headlinerkit.com/

Back