• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Whos running 255x85x16

what kind of tires? makes a huuuuuuge difference. Need more info, what kind of lift and everything.

A 255x85x16 is 33.3 inches tyre and is only made by bfg that I know of and only comes in a mud tyre. It would be ideal on a 7" wheel. It is also D load rated which may make it a bit stiffer. This tyre is 1/2" narrower than a 33x10.5x15.

xjdavid1 said:
A 255x85x16 is 33.3 inches tyre and is only made by bfg that I know of and only comes in a mud tyre. It would be ideal on a 7" wheel. It is also D load rated which may make it a bit stiffer. This tyre is 1/2" narrower than a 33x10.5x15.

really, cuz the calc puts it at a 27 inch tire, my 305/70/16's were 32 inches

check this, bottom of the page tire calculator

shortxjdoug said:
really, cuz the calc puts it at a 27 inch tire, my 305/70/16's were 32 inches

check this, bottom of the page tire calculator

Not to burst your bubble, but they are actually more of a 33" x ~11" on a 16" rim.

shortxjdoug said:
really, cuz the calc puts it at a 27 inch tire,

Check your math again. 255/85r16 stands around 33" tall.

BFG Mud Terrain, a few Dunlops' and some model of Goodyear Wrangler are all I know of in this size.

Ronbo said:
Check your math again. 255/85r16 stands around 33" tall.

BFG Mud Terrain, a few Dunlops' and some model of Goodyear Wrangler are all I know of in this size.

i stand corrected, i was led astray by the internet calculator

I ran the Trxus in that size, and they were about 33 x 10.5 on a 16" rim. They were a great all around tire, but I did want a little wider so I opted for a 285/65/16. The 255/85/16 fits inside the wheel well very well.
Becuase they are D rated, the ride is a little stiffer than normal, but I did like how they rode at highway speeds. When they're aired down it doesn't look like they are and it throws ya a little. It takes much more to get them to bulge obviously.

Back