• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

shock length soub rhght

XJ99

NAXJA Forum User
shock length sound right?

Got a used RE 5.5 kit, came with shocks, nothing special they are white with red bushing...maybe the doestch brand? anyway they measure 16.5 compressed, and 27.75 extended...
Im throwin a 1" spacer ontop of that to sit around 6-6.5", do those shocks lengths sound right for that amount of Lift?
I'm pry going to be ordering new shocks depending how worn these are, I know your suppose to flex and measure your travel then order shocks...but how come the SkyJacker Nitro's Just say for 6-8" with no exact length's? I know those arnt the best shocks but I dont have the money to drop 3-400 on shocks alone....I'v been riding on heckthorn 9000's for about 2 years now so It cant get much worst....:wierd:

Re: shock length sound right?

sounds ok to me i have the pro comp 3000 shocks, full ext at 29" with 7.5 in lift. i may need the 32" full ext but its working for me for now.

Back