• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

reversed leafs

littlebluexj

NAXJA Forum User
I know ill most likely get bashed for this one but what do people have aginst reversing the rear leafs.

I have 4.5"lift in the front and around 3 in the rear after some serious settling and I run 33" i can fully tuck them In the rear no problem my saw took care of that problem.

I want around another 2" of rear lift and the extra wheelbase couldn't hurt right.

My real question is how much extra lift and wheel base will I get?

The rasing the gas tank is not a problem and nether is making new shock hoops I wanted to run longer shock anyways.

Last edited:
well, i am going to give a very very nice and clear answer.

Some do run the leaves reversed, you will not gain any lift. All you will gain is near 6 inches in wheelbase.

Now, for my opinion. I helped a friend build his "buggy" (FarmerMatt if you want to search for his buggy) and I kinda convinced him to try the reversed springs before he went to a linked rear. He wound up toasting a good set of National Leaf springs. Me personally, I would not recomend it without a traction bar. Even so, you are running on the weak side of the spring. I see no real advantage.

As far as body mods to do this. Its very extensive. Tank would have to go inside, and fenders would have to be rebuilt entirely.

I think unless you are wanting to turn it into a trail only rig, reconsider.

Ok thanks but I will recieve no lift because a nother xj from an in-town group has a dakota bastard pack in the rear and he claims he recieved 2 inches of lift from it.

What about making drop brakets for the front of the leaf spring mounts I already run chevy 2" drop shakels in the rear that netted me a totel of 2 1/3" of lift an a 1" block with double stock xj aal.

I want 6" rear at least

Back