• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

QuickLok Experience?

NXJ

NAXJA Forum User
So, I can get a used QuickLok intended for a D30 (supposedly made by Genuine Gear?), for like $75. I have found very little info about this thing, but I reckon it's an automatic, gear-driven, lunchbox locker? Anyone have any experience with this unit? I am especially interested in knowing about handling characteristics, “feeling”, and operation on pavement! How would it work in front of a vehicle that mainly sees daily driving? Thoughts?

I ran one in the front D30 of my rig for many years. It is identical to the other product, right down to the casting flashes and mold marks.

Yeah, I imagined so. But how did it perform? Breakage? I'm still sceptical about putting one in my DD.

LockRight, EZ Locker, QuickLok, Aussie Locker,....they're all basically the same.

I've run them in my rig for about 60,000 miles, front and rear, and it was my daily driver.

You may want to give it some thought if you use 4WD on the street due to your weather. If you're in snow and ice conditions the front locker can take some getting used to.

very good product for the price. 40000 miles on my lockright and still ratcheting right along. easy to put in and pull out if you want to upgrade.

Back