• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Rustys 6.5" leaf pack vs. RE 4.5" with RE 1.25" shackle?

XJ99

NAXJA Forum User
Obviously theres a bit of height difference in the 6.5" rustys pack vs the RE combined 5.75" in the rear, my question is...

I have the oppurtunity to trade someone straight up my used 4.5" RE pack for their brand new 6.5" rusty's pack. I havent Installed my 4.5" pack yet but am doing It this weekend.
The positive to this is I will have a full 6.5" pack, negative is It will pry net 7" and will be stiff as hell for a few months...I'v read about removing the bottom 2 leafs and adding a shackle...? What do you guys think, good Idea? My main reason for wanting to do this is to get the amount of lift I want for the future now, If I have the 6.5" pack, I can always add a shackle later and sit a bit higher...by the way I have the 4.5" ZJ coils for the front and a 1.75 poly spacer

Well why does your friend want to do this trade? The 6.5" kit is obviously a bit more money. Also while you probobly would have needed the SYE and CV on the 4.5, you can near bet guarentee that it will be needed on the 6.5". Even with no vibes, it would deffinatly be a good investment to make.

Now, on your pack your'e talking about, is it just the 4.5" ZJ coils, and a 4.5" XJ full spring kit? I know you mentioned the spacer for the front but what about the rear? Now by the sounds of it, this is a good deal but just remember... It isn't just about being big. If you have reason for going that high, more power to you. Just remember the sawzall is one of your best friends. :D

I think I confused ya, I know the post sounded kind of retarted but I was in a rush, Im not a total newbie though...:wierd:

I have the sye and all that Junk, I have the RE 6200 5.5 kit with drop brackets...
The kit is used, It comes with everything It usually comes with...

My buddy bought new Rustys 6.5" leafs, hasnt used them and decided Its more Lift then he wants to go with. I was already adding spacers and blocks to my 5.5 kit to net 6.5", Im wondering should I Just trade him my RE 4.5" packs for the rusty's 6.5" pack, then I dont need a shackle, I can use the stock shackle and still get the 6.5 I was looking for without a shackle or 1/2 blocks...I know Its more of a personal decision but Im worried for the reasons mentioned above, not to mention rustys vs rubicon express name tags....

Are you running 37s?

come on guys, your not answering my question, I know what your tryin to get at.....no Im not running 37's now but I plan to after I throw some new axles under my rig...

Im currently running 33x13.50 LTBS on a 4" Lift, I do rub when playing on rocks...
Im going to 6.5", next I'll see how, If any the 33's rub on 6.5", then I'll decide on going to 35 BFG's or MTR's If I dont get any rubbing on the 33's....but I dont wanna do shyt twice...I'v learned from my past mistakes, so once I get new axles, I'll add a shackle in the back, long arms up front, and full coils without the spacer and I'll be around 8"s with hopefully 36-38's....plannin for the future so I dont have to do things twice

XJ99 said:
come on guys, your not answering my question, I know what your tryin to get at.....no Im not running 37's now but I plan to after I throw some new axles under my rig...

Im currently running 33x13.50 LTBS on a 4" Lift, I do rub when playing on rocks...
Im going to 6.5", next I'll see how, If any the 33's rub on 6.5", then I'll decide on going to 35 BFG's or MTR's If I dont get any rubbing on the 33's....but I dont wanna do shyt twice...I'v learned from my past mistakes, so once I get new axles, I'll add a shackle in the back, long arms up front, and full coils without the spacer and I'll be around 8"s with hopefully 36-38's....plannin for the future so I dont have to do things twice

or you can add bumpstop and no rub on 4"-5" lift

yes trade him, after awhile they might begin to sag but eventually all leafs do. Everyone is trying to ride your nuts about being that big of a lift. If you have a reason to lift that big then do it. Dont worry about what anyone else criticizes

The Blu Yak said:
yes trade him, after awhile they might begin to sag but eventually all leafs do. Everyone is trying to ride your nuts about being that big of a lift. If you have a reason to lift that big then do it. Dont worry about what anyone else criticizes

Yeah man I am just scrwing with ya. I wish I was about 2" taller crossing a few mudholes this past weekend....got real close.

yea I realize people are screwing with me, but I didnt really think 6.5 was all that big, I can see when people wack on the guys with the 10" Lifts and such but I didnt think 6.5 would be all that crazy...
I'v mad the decision on my own to go with It, I was Just hoping a couple people would throw out their comments on these leafs....and their quality

XJ99 said:
yea I realize people are screwing with me, but I didnt really think 6.5 was all that big, I can see when people wack on the guys with the 10" Lifts and such but I didnt think 6.5 would be all that crazy...
I'v mad the decision on my own to go with It, I was Just hoping a couple people would throw out their comments on these leafs....and their quality

Well rember this, my RE 4.5" lift (RE 3.5 + RE shackle) is sitting at a solid 6" of lift. I know Rustys runs big too, not sure about the 6.5", but his 4.5" seemed just as nice as my REs.

thats new, my re 4.5" leaf packs are used, this guys 6.5 rustys pack is brand new....
I know brand new It will net more for a while until It settles...

Back