• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Wiring A Horn

Quarterwave

NAXJA Forum User
Hi all,

Just a quick question regarding how to install an aftermarket switch to work my horn in my 93' 2 door Sport. FWIW, I have a Grant aftermarket wheel, and when I was installing it, I couldn't figure out how to get the horn assemby wired up (the instructions/diagrams didn't look like anything I was working with), so I put the parts aside to do at a later date.

Anyway, I since moved house and naturally, can't find the horn mechanism for my wheel now that I have a bit of time to do it. So, I was hoping that I might be able to drill/mount a switch on the dash and wire it up to the existing horn without having to go back to Grant to order the whole assembly.

Any help is appreciated in advance as I have a driving test booked for tomorrow and I know that the DMV won't let me use the Jeep for the test if the horn doesn't work !

Thanks,
Quarterwave

From the horn switch it's a black wire that, at(after) the steering column connector, turns into a black/red wire which runs to the horn relay.

Tap into the black/red, connect to one terminal of switch. The other terminal of the switch connect to ground.

Back