• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

a-mechanic, & GaMike Compresion test on #1

Ghost

Member Number 257
NAXJA Member
Ok I got a chance after work today to hook up the compresion tester to the #1 cylander. She was at about 130 psi. Oh and the spark plug was blackish. So If I have compresion, spark and fuel what is keeping that cylander from working? I got a new ignition box it was warntied. I have not installed it yet but my next attempt will be the timing. Am I learning?

Ground the spark plug itself to the block (or head) and see if you get a spark from the plug.

Your not using bosche supers are you? i put those in a k-5 I had once and wound up taking the head off trying to figure out why cyl werent firing. Damn cheap plugs.

Ok just so you guys know at the crawl Mike and Andy were kind enough to look at my junk. At that time it got new wires and plugs and we cleaned the cap and button of any carbon or debre. The spark tester showed spark to the wire. But #1 was not fireing. We were thinking compresion might be the culprit or timing. I did melt down a wire on my ignition box which we fixed. So I'll put the new box in and ground the plug. See if it is firing now. I swear this thing has a mind of its own. Oh and for what its worth, my axle is broken.

Back