• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

I know, I know

herreraxto

NAXJA Forum User
I just install my 4.5 rc kit and 33x12.50 r 15 baja claws and cragar wheels, now I need to trim my fenders I been looking for two days now and cant find pics whit this setup can you please post some pics TIA for any help

I used this 3M tape called Mastic-tape. It comes in 10' rolls at home depot. It's really sticky and smoothed out the edges. As you can see I didn't have the straightest cuts around my fenders so the tape helped. They sell stuff called 'Proteckto-trim" on Rock Lizard as well. 30 foot rolls for $30, which is about the same as buying 3 10 foot rolls of mastic tape like I needed. About the same price as well. The mastic tape can be picked up at Home Depot, it's in a small orange box.

Chris

I used a 4.5" Dewalt angle grinder, cost about $45. Some people use a dremel or saw-zall. The grinder was quick and strong, but doing the curved parts was kind of tricky. I went through about 3-4 thicker blades for cutting then used a smoother thinner blade to smooth the edges out.
With a dremel, I think it's slower but makes smoother cuts. I've never used a dremel, but I would imagine that using both an angle grinder and dremel together would probably give the best results. The dremel would be easier and more accurate around the curves.
After I cut, I painted the edges with black rustoleum paint to keep it from rusting. After that dried I put on the mastic tape because the edges were still sharp metal.
Also note that on the drivers side the washer fluid bottle is right behind the fender. I would drill a small or hole or clearly mark the bottom of the bottle on the fender, then be sure not to cut above it. I popped a hole in the bottle by accident. If you do pop it, you can get a plastic tank repair kit at any PePboys, so no big deal.

Hope that helps.
Chris

Back