• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Steering components

burby777

NAXJA Forum User
I was reading through the "Dana 30 Steering - Tech Information" post and at all the kits listed and was wondering one thing: for steering components, are TREs or heims preferred for steering components? This would be going on a 5-6" lifted Jeep. Just looking for some opinions. :wave:

burby777 said:
I was reading through the "Dana 30 Steering - Tech Information" post and at all the kits listed and was wondering one thing: for steering components, are TREs or heims preferred for steering components? This would be going on a 5-6" lifted Jeep. Just looking for some opinions. :wave:
and are there some high steer knuckles out there for the D30

I was just looking at the kits listed in the FAQ sticky about Dana 30 Steering Tech. I thought the Tera knuckle was considered high steer; isn't it? Thanks for any help or comments.

Heims vs TRE's -- fairly subjective and has been debated tons on NAXJA, Pirate and JU. Spend some time searching the boards and you'll better understand the pros/cons of each.

AFAIK there is no true high steer for a d30 on the market . Every "high steer" d30 setup I've seen, has crossover steering with the drag link mounted on the upper arm of the passenger knuckle and the tie rod mounted on the low arms.

Back