• NAXJA is having its 18th annual March Membership Drive!!!
    Everyone who joins or renews during March will be entered into a drawing!
    More Information - Join/Renew
  • Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

265/75/r16's?

REDDOGG.XJ

Fire up the roof.
ANYBODY RUNNING THESE IN A YOKOHAMA? THOUGHT THEY WOULD FIT WITH A 4.5 LIFT ON WJ WHEELS (DOING THE HOLE HUB CONV.). THE WEB SIGHT SAYS THEY ARE A LITTLE TALLER THAN A 32 AND NOT QUIT AS WIDE AS A 10.5.

THANKS,
REDDOGG.XJ

Ran them in a BFG AT for a while. You are correct on the size. I ran them with 4.5" of lift and trimming for Bushwackers and didn't rub(wheels with 4.5" of BS, 5" of BS woulda rubbed). HTH

Ary

P.S. I still have the BFGs if you're interested.....2 brand new, 2 60%, 1 useable as a spare

that is the size I am going with when my 31's are done with.

the 265's seem to be perfect for XJ's with 4.5" and the 285's perfecf for 5.5-6" if you don't mind the extra expense of 16" wheels.

poppabear said:
that is the size I am going with when my 31's are done with.

the 265's seem to be perfect for XJ's with 4.5" and the 285's perfecf for 5.5-6" if you don't mind the extra expense of 16" wheels.

Actually, I would say 265s are perfect for those who don't want to trim MUCH at 4.5" and 285s are for those who don't mind trimming a bit. I didn't break the pinch seam in the back, and I still have one bend in the front fender around the wheel well, and my 285s stuff perfectly(rub a TINY bit on the coil tower). HTH

Ary

P.S. They're 285/75 16 MTRs

Edit: I guess it would help if I stated that I only have 4.5" of lift in the front(maybe less, just don't know how to measure), and about 5-5.5" in the rear. It was not necessary, but that's what the AAL gave me when I added it to my 4.5" packs and 1" shackle. I did not rub at a measured height of 4.5" but when my bumper sagged the packs out, I had to add the AALs. Peace

xj92 said:
What BS do your wheels have Ary?

My new aluminum wheels have 4.5" and nothing rubs

My old steel wheels had 5" and the tires rubbed the LCAs at full steering lock and rubbed worse on the coil towers. Peace

Ary

I'm ready to cut my fenders (probably about 1.75" all the way around, right after the last bend) and want to run 285's with only 3.5" actual lift. I'm planning on 4.5" BS black rock crawlers (16x8). Anybody have this setup? I know, as mentioned above, about guys running almost this, but with 4.5" lift, just wondering if I can get away with it on a 3.5" lift. If not, I'll either add 3/4" to the lift and try it, or go with the 265's. TIA.

I ran 265/75/16 MT's on my factory alloys(w/5"bs) for about two years.Minor paint rubbing on the LCA's and the top of the spring tower.With 4.5"+ lift they worked great!

Back