• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

tranny swap

To even get close to answering your question, you need to specify your vehicles info such as year and engine size. Also, you need to count the output spline count on the AX-15.

RED RHINO said:
My Jeep is an 88 I have the 4.0l and 23 spline output shaft any help would be great thanx.

23 spine in a 88? that means that someone swapped it out before..

So here it is , I have an 88 sport, 4.0 , 231amc transfer case and a 5 speed
tranny(french piece of crap).My tranny just went out and I picked up a AX-15 5 speed out of a 93 XJ it has a 23 spline output shaft I was wondering will this tranny(AX15 23 spline output shaft ) will bolt up with my 231amc transfer case.Any info would be great thanx

You say in another post that "My Jeep is an 88 I have the 4.0l and 23 spline output shaft any help would be great thanx." I said yes, the T-Case will bolt on. But actually the tranny with 23 splines is your new tranny, right ? If so, no, your T-case (certainely 21 splines) will not bolt on.

Back