• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Bored my renix TB, some problems.

summitlt

NAXJA Forum User
I bored out my renix TB today, I used the butterfly from a ford explorer with minimal mods. My only problem now is that I can get a low enough idle.

There are gaps around the butterfly, but at startup, for the first about 15 seconds it runs at regular idle. Then it slowly works it way up to about 1700rpm and wont come back down.

Anything i am missing? Not really sure that its the gaps, because they really arent that big.

summitlt said:
I bored out my renix TB today, I used the butterfly from a ford explorer with minimal mods. My only problem now is that I can get a low enough idle.

There are gaps around the butterfly, but at startup, for the first about 15 seconds it runs at regular idle. Then it slowly works it way up to about 1700rpm and wont come back down.

Anything i am missing? Not really sure that its the gaps, because they really arent that big.
Summit, how big did you bore it, or how much over the original do you think you bored it? Did you adjust/modify the fine adjustment on the bottom that faces the driver's side (if I recall)- the air hole for the fine base idle adjust is on the top, about the three o'clock position if you look down at the top with the TPS facing you. How about the throttle stop screw? It is adjusted with a small hex. And, what kind of "gaps" are they? Are they from a bore that isn't true, or from a plate that isn't setting correctly for the degree of angle at throttle stop? What is your base idle (with the IAC in the closed or extended position and unplugged)?

Back