• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

sky crapper

The glory wagon

NAXJA Forum User
I ordered an adjustable track bar w/ relocating bracket and steering shock (which also gets relocated) from sky jacker.. dont anybody get it ever.. i went through the company telling them exactly what i had. 93 xj with 4 inches lift. They sent me a stock steering shock with a fancy red boot, a relocating bracket and the adjustable track bar. After assembling everything together correctly on the lift at my work it looked like the trackbar was for a cherokee with 15 inches of lift, due to the fact the axel was shifted so far to the passenger side of the vehicle the driver front wheel would rub without turning practically. And yes the track bar was completely bottomed out.. after putting a peice of 4 foot rebar through the end ball joint and the track bar in a vice and turning it in till it bottomed out...(poor manufacturing)
By the way the steering shock newly placed bolted to the relocating braket was so short you could only turn the steering wheel a half revolution. I tried to return everything for my $290 back but they wouldent take it because they said it was used.... i roled it out of the garage to look at how out of wack everything was.. Does sky crapper crap suck ass or is it just me.

First of all, the SJ trackbar is horribly designed like you found out. That sucks! It usually does not pay off to deal directly with any major dealer.
I guess with SJ, it's a hit or miss deal. A whole bunch of guys that live near me all are running the 6" SJ kit and are having great success with it. Most of us have now got rid of the SJ TB though.

i sold the track bar to my buddy the Elusive dinglewolf who put it on his 7 inch lifted cherokee and it was still too small and made his front end all out of wack... i've just been putting up with the wobling and all the horrible things that happen when the tb is not replaced.. Glad to hear im not alone though.. But i'll never buy sky crapper crap again.

The glory wagon said:
i sold the track bar to my buddy the Elusive dinglewolf who put it on his 7 inch lifted cherokee and it was still too small and made his front end all out of wack... i've just been putting up with the wobling and all the horrible things that happen when the tb is not replaced.. Glad to hear im not alone though.. But i'll never buy sky crapper crap again.
Would you like another ? Went thru the same thing,It,s not for a regular lift but for their RocKReady system with their bolt on suspension brackets.
Like you I wish they would have told me first.
Wayne

Back