• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

rear hatch struts/studs

ToddK

NAXJA Forum User
have replaced struts to hatch a couple times in the past, the never have really worn out, they just started popping off. just got a new set a couple weeks ago and one is already popping off! the studs seem fine.

anyone else have this problem?
any fixes?

todd

i dont know about them popping off but both of mine just recently died. they dont hold up the hatch.

There is an odd shaped piece of wire (a clip) that locks the strut (lift gate support) end cup onto the stud. If you look closely at the end of the strut (the cup that goes on the stud), you can see a very small hole that goes through the cup. This is where the wire clip goes through and keeps the cup on the stud.

mine do the same thing but my mount balls are clearly worn out and i can't really replace them because the weld nut behind it is busted loose too! good luck i think the set of the little balls are 10 bucks or so from the stealership

Back