• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Which locker for front diff.

xjdavid1

NAXJA Forum User
I am about to regear and get lockers. I have decided on an Ox locker for the rear 44 but I am undecided about whether to get an Ox for the front or whether there is something better. Assuming I decide on the Ox has anybody installed one and if so do I need to order a longer or shorter cable or is the standard one ok. I have seen one fitted to a TJ and it was a bit short as the driver had to reach for it. I am in Australia so we drive on the other side of the road. Maybe this affected the length of the cable somehow due to different routing. I will be running 32s and tend to wheel very hard so I dont want things breaking. The ARB is very popular but tend to have a lot of air related problems.

i have heard really good things about the Aussie locker. Very friendly for a DD and also very reliable, inexspensive and useful when wheelin.

www.aussielocker.com

Im also going to be installing an OX locker in my rear 44 prolly around spring sometime, i think the aussie up front and the ox in back makes for the perfect combo.

Last edited:
Why can't you use an Aussie? In 2wheel drive the front driveline is disengaged, yea it still spins unlike with a disco axle. They are not to be used in All-wheel drive vehicles.

I run an Aussie Locker up front with NP242. Absolutely no problems. I haven't had to use 4WD on-road in snow and ice so can't speak to that. Of course in off-road snow it is a wonderful thing.

Back