• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Modifying cruise motor for hand throttle

summitlt

NAXJA Forum User
I was looking at the cruise control motor, the thing that controls throttle.

It has a fairly simple plug, any ideas what it uses for inputs? Itd be neat to use for a hand throttle.

The cruise motor is part of a vacuum servo system. It will be "non trivial" to modify it for your needs. I'm an electrical engineer and I don't think it is worth the effort when you can get a push pull throttle cable like in the old days for a few bucks.

old_man said:
I don't think it is worth the effort when you can get a push pull throttle cable like in the old days for a few bucks.

Concur. I made mine for less than $10 and about a half hour's work. I still have cruise control, too. ;)

old_man said:
The cruise motor is part of a vacuum servo system. It will be "non trivial" to modify it for your needs. I'm an electrical engineer and I don't think it is worth the effort when you can get a push pull throttle cable like in the old days for a few bucks.
If it is a 97+ the twc controller works real nice.

Back