• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Mystery box UJO(unidentified Jeep Object)

Wallymander

NAXJA Forum User
anyone know what this b, mateys?

Last edited:
Link isn't working for me, even when I copy and paste it into the browser.

It's either the headlight delay box or wiper delay box. The headlight box is adjustable for how long the lights stay on after the key is turned off.

that makes sense, my wife told me she couldnt turn the lights off the other day.
I hadnt had that happen 2 me. Guess i need 2 figgure out how to operate it.The things friggin huge. 4 a delay box. Looks like analog circuitry. Bout the size of a double DVD set box.6"X5"X2" approx

Wallymander said:
that makes sense, my wife told me she couldnt turn the lights off the other day.
I hadnt had that happen 2 me. Guess i need 2 figgure out how to operate it.The things friggin huge. 4 a delay box. Looks like analog circuitry. Bout the size of a double DVD set box.6"X5"X2" approx
I had the same thing happen to me as your wife, I had the thing for six months and did not know there was a delay. To activate the delay you have to turn the engine off before you turn the head lights off, I usally turn everything off first and the engine last.
Once activated the lights will stay on as long as a door is open, after all the doors are closed the time will start.
I had the door open trying to get my dam lights off and gave up, I popped the hood, closed the door and was getting ready to disconnect the battery when CLICK they turned off.

Thats not the headlight delay box, must be cruse or wipers. I don't have cruse so I don't know what the look like. My box is smaller and attached with valcro.

langer1 said:
Thats not the headlight delay box, must be cruse or wipers. I don't have cruse so I don't know what the look like. My box is smaller and attached with valcro.

I think youre referring to the lil box thats visible, black, and dangling to the left (viewers left) n the pic

PAUL B said:
It's the cruse control. Mine went out on me so I just removed the whole set up.[/QUOTE

YEP that's the cruise control

the black box is the timer for the wiper delay. if you unplug it, then plug the 2 harness ends together, you will have standard wipers. will also keep your wipers from working half way right if it goes bad ( it would quit when the rain gets going good...).

dizzymac said:
so thats the "black box" they're always looking for after a plane mishap.

After some of the spills ive taken and the places ive been with my Jeep, they may very well need to find a voice recorder to discover what caused what they found...

Back