• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Another tire Thread and hoped to do a poll but cant figure out how

RWKHausSupply

NAXJA Forum User
Ok well 6.5" lift going on and fender can be cut as much as fesable I am not going to street but it will drive to where it goes. only real concerns are price and rock traction.
15" rim

34x10 LTB?
33x13.5 Pitbull Rocker
34x12.5 Traxus mud
33x13.5 LTB
35x10.5 Bogger
33x12.5 MT/R

Or any other tires that you know of that will match my setup and disires?

Must beable to get them to my door for no more then 240 a tire. Thats the max up there and thats the bogger.

ROBERTK said:
Ok well 6.5" lift going on and fender can be cut as much as fesable I am not going to street but it will drive to where it goes. only real concerns are price and rock traction.
15" rim

34x10 LTB?
33x13.5 Pitbull Rocker
34x12.5 Traxus mud
33x13.5 LTB
35x10.5 Bogger
33x12.5 MT/R

Or any other tires that you know of that will match my setup and disires?

Must beable to get them to my door for no more then 240 a tire. Thats the max up there and thats the bogger.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/Sizes.jsp?make=Goodyear&model=Wrangler+MT/R

35x12.5 MT/R's, $185 each plus shipping, which wont be horrible. Without going to something like a creepy crawler or another equally specialized bias ply, you won't get much better rock traction in most people's opinions.

yeah I always take thier price print outs to America's tire an they match it.

Well at that price though I can do a Pitbull Rocker now thats a tire, or so its told so far...

but that 35 MT/R is what I ran twice on my TJ adn both buds with TJ's have them currently. Suck in the mud, and snow is not all that great but rock they work well.

ROBERTK said:
yeah I always take thier price print outs to America's tire an they match it.

Well at that price though I can do a Pitbull Rocker now thats a tire, or so its told so far...

but that 35 MT/R is what I ran twice on my TJ adn both buds with TJ's have them currently. Suck in the mud, and snow is not all that great but rock they work well.

I've had good luck with them in the snow on our land rover, havent played with them in the mud yet - I'm not in much hurry to do so.

What have you done to beef up the front and rear diffs? Cromo shafts? Leaving it open? I assume that you have a good setup already, so that shouldnt be a problem with the size tires you want.

Bogger is the best all around tire IMHO.

Get a tire that doesnt wear fast on the street.

If you got a locked D35 and want to run 35's, good luck.

Bigger isnt always better, at least thats what she told me
lmao.gif

XJjeepLess said:
What have you done to beef up the front and rear diffs? Cromo shafts? Leaving it open? I assume that you have a good setup already, so that shouldnt be a problem with the size tires you want.

Bogger is the best all around tire IMHO.

Get a tire that doesnt wear fast on the street.

If you got a locked D35 and want to run 35's, good luck.

Bigger isnt always better, at least thats what she told me
lmao.gif

currently building a 8.8 rear and anything more then Spicer parts in the front end is over kill I believe adn have proved to myself in the past years. Only upgrade I have ever done to my TJ's are HP30 and reinforcing the CA brackets. In this XJ all I did was one piece axles with the 760 ujoints and just have to now beef up the brackets. Locked front and new stock posi disc rear.

I would do the bogger but the one set I did have made for a uncomfortabe ride home. But since I am tring to leave that out of my dicsission it wont play a role in my choise.

All in all the best tire I ever ran for street and rock was the Claw followed by the MTR. The bogger was just nasty though in the mud and snow....

I have the 33x13.50 ltbs on 15x10 rim on my XJ now with 3" and I like um, a bit rough but Its a swamper...other then that they havent let me down...a bit slick in rain and Ice but you'll get that with them huge lugs....puting on a 6.5" next weekend and am debating between keeping these on or going to a 35x12.50 mtr or bfg mt km....

My vote is not on your list.

33x12.5 Super Swamper TSL (Bias).

Super strong, better all around tire than the boggers, better ride on the street than several others listed, cheaper than most on your list. Taller than the 34 LTB and other 33's.

Michael

ROBERTK said:
currently building a 8.8 rear and anything more then Spicer parts in the front end is over kill I believe adn have proved to myself in the past years. Only upgrade I have ever done to my TJ's are HP30 and reinforcing the CA brackets. In this XJ all I did was one piece axles with the 760 ujoints and just have to now beef up the brackets. Locked front and new stock posi disc rear.

It's been my witness XJ guys break more front shafts than TJ guys. It's probably worth the investment of some chromoly front shafts, I'd run the stock 8.8 shafts on 35's any day though.

My latest tire purchase was 35/12.50-16 Trxus MTs. Currently have 33/12.50-15 MTRs. I am very happy with the GY's, and hope the Trxus will be as good as what I have heard from others that have used them.

740330_236_full.jpg

740330_237_full.jpg

Greg

Back