• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

FREE BEER!!!

pinion yoke?

I used a breaker bar, socket, penetrating oil, hammer, etc nothing worked.
Finally wedged the breaker bar in there, started jeep, and started driving. Can't remember if forward or back. Slowly, very slow. Rear tires stated to spin on rough concrete, then POP! The nut broke lose, no other damage.
Jim

Re: pinion yoke?

[quote:55fdfc7dd6="jimk403"]I used a breaker bar, socket, penetrating oil, hammer, etc nothing worked.
Finally wedged the breaker bar in there, started jeep, and started driving. Can't remember if forward or back. Slowly, very slow. Rear tires stated to spin on rough concrete, then POP! The nut broke lose, no other damage.
Jim[/quote:55fdfc7dd6]

That's a good idea, and I might do that on the Tcase that's actually under the Jeep, but this is the one that's gonna be under the Jeep if I can ever get it open. It's currently on the floor in my garage.

Use a pipe wrench on the yoke and heat the nut with a propane torch then when the nut is nice and hot remove it with a 1-1/8" socket and breaker bar. That's how I did mine when I had a 231.

Jes

I've got the tool for you billy. It's about a 4 foot section of 2" .25" strap with holes drilled into it to mate up to the pinion yoke. You can borrow it.

SeanP

[quote:eb5b4fdff1="FarmerMatt"]Damn... If I was only closer I'dwhack that nut off for you real quick. :shock:

Matt[/quote:eb5b4fdff1]

:shock: :eek:

[quote:c6d0ee6154="SeanP"]I've got the tool for you billy. It's about a 4 foot section of 2" .25" strap with holes drilled into it to mate up to the pinion yoke. You can borrow it.

SeanP[/quote:c6d0ee6154]

I thought about making something like that Sean. Are you coming to the meeting on thursday? If so, would ya mind bringin' it? If not, I'm downtown quite often during the day. I dunno if you're home much, but lemme know. I appreciate it,
Billy

I'm just cruising around here from the North atlantic chapter. I've done stuff like this many times...mostly on axle yokes. The only way I can get them is with 2 people, and 2 very long pieces of PVC pip to slip over the handles of the wrenchs. Mine are about 3 feet long. They will bend alot, but I've never had one break yet. Maybe a third person to stand on the t-case since it's much smaller. Seems kinda easy enough to think of....but leverage is everything. good luck _nicko_

Hey billy if youre still tearing that thing apart I'll help you out/watch just for some more knowledge.

Hit me up:

916 532 1540

Billy, I am not sure if I am going to make it back from Walnut Creek by the meeting tomorrow. If I don't I'll make sure that you get it on Friday.

SeanP

[quote:b92278acf8="ExtremeMopar"][quote:b92278acf8="JR"]Hey Dork its jason if youve been paying attention. :D[/quote:b92278acf8]

I haven't, and you must not have either if you thought I was :lol: Anyway, Jason with the TJ or Jason with the XJ?[/quote:b92278acf8]

Well hopefully both next week. :D

This is jason at kents house btw. Dont wanna confuse you billy. :)

Back