• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Front end of drivers side spring perch needs reshaping

Kejtar

PostMaster General
NAXJA Member
Well.. the nitwit me when I was reinstalling springs over a week ago, I forgot to put in the sleeve on that one and I reshaped it a bit. I thought that by the use of crowbar and hammer and a big screwdriver I got it back in shape but it looks like it's still tight as it's constricting the spring droop and kind of binds there... any ideas as to how I can spread it back out? I doubt that I need to do it more them 1/16" or most 1/8"..... but still....

Thanks
Kejtar

Remi,

Are you talking about the REAR srpings?

If so, and you have crushed in the outer flange then what you need to do if a big cresent wrench won't work is get a piece of ali thread with 2 nuts and 2 washers. use the all thread thru the hole and the nus and washers on the inside of the perch. turn the nuts out until the flange is back in shape.

Your title and post is REAL confusing because you never really say what you're talking about.

mark
orgs mfg

yeah... I was trying to figure out how to bes describe it and the heat plus the fumes from some paint stripping chemical I worked with last night didn't help LOL....

Anyways, it's the rear springs, front perch, drivers side that we're talkign about.

Ok, so what's an ALI thread? and where should I get it?

Thanks
Remi aka Kejtar

All thread is the lengths of threaded rod you buy at Home Depot, Lowe's, or most hardware stores.

Back