• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

Need help on speedo drive on XJ vs others

KiwiXJ

NAXJA Forum User
Hi, Sorry to be a pain but I'm being stuffed about by my local Jeep agent. I have a 95 XJ and the speedo is reading out by 10% ie I'm doing 110km when showing 100kmph. Current drive is a 35 tooth so on the basis that they are roughly 3% per tooth I want to order a 32 tooth one. The parts guys order in their stock and won't get a part in so I can "eyeball" it but they insist that I can only get 52067633 being the 33 tooth and that the part number 52067632 is for something else and they don't know what. In local $ the 33 is $28 while the 32 is $56 so I don't want to order it only to find it is completely different. On various Web sites the parts are listed from 29 to 41. Is this a part that goes across different models for different ratios but is essentially the same thing with different teeth? Anyone put a 32 into an XJ? Thanks for your help.

Last edited:
Back