• Welcome to the new NAXJA Forum! If your password does not work, please use "Forgot your password?" link on the log-in page. Please feel free to reach out to [email protected] if we can provide any assistance.

What budget front opton is best.....

919Chief

NAXJA Forum User
I want about 3" of lift, and I am trying to chosse between two courses of action. One is to go the F-150 coil route, the other is to use WJ coils with 2" spacers. I already have the spacers and the expense would be about the same with both. I figure the WJ coil route may ride better but don't know how the two will compare when it comes to flex.

I have a 88 4dr and plan on running 30x9.50's

what is the price on a pair of those? I have standard springs with spacers now I want my 2" to be all coil if I can

edit: I called CarQuest, they say the HD Coils dont lift at all, just stock height

Last edited:
GusDaDog said:
what is the price on a pair of those? I have standard springs with spacers now I want my 2" to be all coil if I can

edit: I called CarQuest, they say the HD Coils dont lift at all, just stock height
I paid around $80 at my local CarQuest here in Nebraska, I think they stung me a little bit cause others have got them for less. The CC784's will raise ya 2 or 2.25, mine have been on since spring and hav'nt settled yet. those are the HD progressive coils.

mjma said:
ZJ coils. v8 may be a little stiff, but i6 should do aobut 2inches fine.

Not even close.

hammerhead - how do you like the ride on those 784 coils? I have read alot of the prior threads on this and didn't notice many comments on the on or off road ride quality and performance.

I am looking to augment my 2" BB and these could fit the bill!

Also, I have noticed in some of the pics I have seen of these installed that the upper coils seem fully compressed at static ride height. Is this true of your set? any affect (good or bad) on performance?

Thanks for your input - joe

joehiker said:
hammerhead - how do you like the ride on those 784 coils? I have read alot of the prior threads on this and didn't notice many comments on the on or off road ride quality and performance.

I am looking to augment my 2" BB and these could fit the bill!

Also, I have noticed in some of the pics I have seen of these installed that the upper coils seem fully compressed at static ride height. Is this true of your set? any affect (good or bad) on performance?

Thanks for your input - joe
Well at first it took some getting use to cause my jeep's suspension was bone stock , and I was used to bottoming out hard when going accross a line of railroad tracks on the highway I drive to work each day, the posted speed is 55 where these tracks cross the highway and everyone in this area knows to slow down an take em at 40.
With a passenger along at 45 I'd hammer the bump stops real good. Now ,with these springs i can go over em at 55 with no hammering and side to side motion much better control ,it's a firm ride all around and I like the fact that the wallow is gone I had with the stock coils. They are progressive and I think thats why they are tighter at the top thats where they get stiffer as thier compressed the rate goes up. I like em but I think I could fine tune my ride performance even more to my taste when I put a set of shocks on that are a little softer valved Stiff gas Napa shocks don't suit these coils.

Back